Education Administration Branch
Mr. Isuru Jayasundara
Deputy Director of Education
- Engage in school students’ admissions ,transfers and dismissal activities.
- Supervising the educational, administrative and financial affairs of an educational institution or department within the institution.
- Conducting Research on Educational polices and evaluate them whenever necessary.
- Keeping the communication with educational institutions, parents and the wider community to improve the educational facilities across the zone.
- Providing advice on policy and procedures to Principals, Teachers and students.
- Coaching academic and nonacademic staff to conduct educational programs for policy implementation.
- Work related to provide Grade 5 Scholarships and other Scholarships.
- Approving School Educational trips.
- Work related to provide grade 5 and other scholarships.
- Analyze the current and future needs of staff and student needs.
- Matter relating to school development fund and facility fees.
- Distribution of free school uniform to children’s and textbooks.
- Carrying out research to improve education systems and monitor new trends in education.
- Identify issues while implement the curriculum in schools.
- Forwarding recommendations for acquisition of school lands, Land and harvesting activities.
- Approval of below subject matters of National Schools & 1AB Schools.
Conducting training programs for teachers and principals.
Co-ordination of public examinations.
Conducting disciplinary inquiries.
Other duties assigned by the Provincial Education Director/ Zonal Education Director any needful situation.
- Time Table
- School calendar
- Facilities & other services fees